1. The TTC gets unpredictably shut down. Is this a) to protect riders? b) to prevent protesters from getting downtown quickly? c) give the personnel an excuse to snooze?
2. Stores I want to shop in are either closed or close early. And after this afternoon, they’ll probably be closed for repairs.
3. Protests pop up on a daily basis causing traffic delays, even for pedestrians like myself.
4. Rogue protesters break stuff, set stuff on fire and generally wimp out on making a message credible. Nice covered faces, no balls.
5. Too much money is spent on cushy dinners and unattractive fencing that could be spent on dinners for the hungry and city beautification (amongst other worthy recipients).
6. You can’t freely walk wherever you want to.
7. World Cup + G20 = the majority of all conversation
8. Steven Harper comes off as a gracious Canadian host.
9. Muskoka was celebratory about the G8 presence; Toronto is generally irritated with the G20 presence.
10. The herds of raid police produce a feeling of police-state rather than of safety.